Integry communicates with APIs by sending and receiving data in the form of a JSON object. However, some APIs require data to be sent in the form of a file.
In this example, we'll create a flow, "When a row is created in Google Sheets, create an email template in Adobe Marketo", in which data (received as a trigger) will be sent to Adobe Marketo in a file.
- Add a "Row Created" trigger for Google Sheets and test it to receive data in JSON format.
- Add a "File Append" app to convert the JSON data to a file format and append it to a new file.
- Select "Append File App."
- Choose a suitable name for the file that will be generated.
- Enter the file extension.
- We support txt, js, html, csv, png, pdf file formats.
- In the Data field, choose the dynamic tag containing the JSON data received from the trigger.
- Click + on the right of the Data field.
- Click Row Created.
- Expand "Obj" and then expand "row_v1". "row_v1" is the JSON object received as a trigger.
- Click to add the tag that contains data that you need to send to Adobe Marketo.
- Click Continue.
- Click "Test" to generate the file and obtain its URL.
- Click Test Result to view the file URL.
- Click Done.
- Click the three-dots-menu and click "+ Add Step."
- Search and select Marketo.
- Select "Create Email Template" as an action.
- Connect your Adobe Marketo account.
- Enter the name of the email template you want to create in your Adobe Marketo account.
- Select the folder where the template will be created.
- In the "Content" field, select the file URL containing HTML content.
- Click + on the right of the "Content" field
- Click Append File
- Expand the output of the Append File step
- Add the file_url tag to the field
- Click Continue and then click Test.
- Go to your Adobe Marketo account and check for the newly created email template in the Design Studio tab.
By following these simple steps, you can send files to any API.
Please sign in to leave a comment.