The last step in the creation of a workspace app is to provide its product info and get it published on our marketplace. You can keep your app private or you can share it publicly, it entirely depends on you. For an external app, this product info is displayed to the user on your integrations listing page.
Under the Product Page tab in the app section, you can provide the distribution details of your app to be used in the marketplace or the relevant app listing. This is what the product page looks like for a workspace app:
The product page for an external app is also similar to the above. These are the fields here that you need to provide information about:
- Screenshots: These are the screenshots of your app while being used. These display the app's interface and functionality.
- Category: The app's category that you can select from a drop-down.
- Keywords: The keywords or tags that will help people discover your app.
- App URL: The link to the app's homepage.
- Terms and Services: The link to the terms and services section of the app.
- Documentation: The link to the app's API documentation.
- Support Website: The link to the support website of the app.
- Support email address: The app's support email address or the link to the contact page.
- Social media: These are the app's social media link for Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
After providing the above, you can save your app. For a workspace app, you can view two buttons at the bottom of the page as shown below.
Save: When you save the app, it is saved as a draft. It means a copy is stored at your end only and is not accessible to other apps. You can later edit the app, actions or triggers, test it completely, and then submit for approval.
Submit for Approval: When you submit the app for approval, it is reviewed by our team. Our developers test the app for any issues in functionality etc. We also briefly go over the possible use cases the app is going to support. Once it's good to go, the app and its activities are published. It appears in our marketplace and is accessible to other apps for creating templates.
Once the app is approved and published, you have very limited power to edit the app. For details, click here. To make changes to any critical or technical part of the app, we recommend you to create a new copy.
You can also cancel the approval request to embed any changes in the app. As soon as you submit the request, you can view a Cancel Review and Edit button on the Distribution tab as shown below.
For an external app, you don't need to submit it for approval. As this app is going to be displayed in your own app listing for your users, this does not need to be approved by Integry. You can just click on the Create App button on the bottom to finish the app's creation. The app can then be used in your integrations listing.
Once you publish an app, this is how it looks in our Marketplace. The Basic Info and Product page details are displayed here.