Hi there! Thanks for dropping in! We're excited to help you get started and we promise to make this as easy as we can! If you have any questions along the way, please drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Integry is an integration platform that provides integrations inside your app for your users. You can customize the look and feel of the integrations such that they appear just like your app. For example, your users can connect your app to Slack and send messages to Slack. You can see a list of apps you can embed here.
In order to start building your app, sign-up! There are three basic steps that will get you up and running with Integry:
- Create your app with Integry
- Add templates in your app
- Embed widget inside your app
Creating your app
This step of the app creation process requires technical detailing and configurations. We recommend someone with a technical background works on this. If instead, you would like us to create your app for you, please get in touch.
The apps are created under the Apps tab in your dashboard. Creation of the app consists of five major steps which are as follows:
- Create your App: Start by providing basic information about your app
- Setup your App’s Authentication: This will help us use your API. We support most of the popular authorization types.
- Add Activities to your app: An activity can be a trigger or an action.
Trigger: A trigger is an event that starts with your app. An integration starts with a trigger and ends with one or more actions. For example, If your app is a simple task manager, your triggers can be task completed, task created and more. If you don’t have an API created in your app yet, we’ve written this guide to help you create a basic push API. A visual representation of how it works in case of a trigger inside your app.
Action: An action is a step we can execute on your app. An integration starts with a trigger and can have one or more actions. For example, if your app is a task manager, your actions can be: create a task, mark a task as completed and more.
5. Publishing your app: Once your app is approved by our team, it is listed in our marketplace. Other developers can create workflows with your app. This step marks the end of your app creation and setup process. View how an app appears in the marketplace.
A Template is a workflow that connects your app to other apps. An integration can be created against a template later. For example, if your app is a task manager app, a Template could be Send a Slack message when a task is created, etc. Templates can be added in the following steps:
- Create your Template: This creates workflows using actions and triggers. Template creation does not require any technical details.
The figure below shows the Templates page.
2. Add a Template inside the Bundle: Using Deployments, stack together templates belonging to the same category. So, the users can see what is relevant to them. The image below shows the Bundles page.
The widget displays the list of templates inside your app as shown below:
The widget needs to be provided with a number of parameters for it to work. Here is our guide that will guide you on how to embed the widget in your app.
We hope you are now familiar with how things work at Integry. You are now all set to roll-out your integration, in case of any query shoot us an email at email@example.com.