A Dynamic Tag is used to add any value to a field from the previous steps in a flow. When we add a dynamic tag to a field, the value of the field changes every time the integration runs, based on the tag used.
You can only add a tag from a step that has been tested successfully.
In this example, we'll create an integration: "When a subscriber is created in Mailchimp, create a contact in HubSpot" ; where we will add a dynamic tag for the Email field of HubSpot from Mailchimp's field.
- Go to the Flows tab from the top menu.
- Create a new flow.
- Add the "Subscriber Created" trigger in Mailchimp and test it.
- Select "HubSpot" as destination app.
- Add the "Create Contact" action.
- Connect your account.
- You will see the configuration section of HubSpot where you can add Email, First name, Last name and so on for the created contact.
- You can either enter a manual value for the fields or add dynamic tags from any previous steps in the flow.
- To add a dynamic value to the Email field, click on the '+' sign on the right of the Email field.
- Click on the Mailchimp 'Subscriber Created' step.
- Click on the index of 'Obj' to expand it. This is the object that contains the array of data coming out of the Subscriber created trigger.
- Click on the index of the object 'contact_v1' to expand it and view its attributes. This is the object that contains all the attributes of the subscriber created in Mailchimp.
- Click on 'Add to Field' in front of the 'email' attribute to add it as a dynamic tag.
- You will see a dynamic tag added to the Email field.
- Every time the value for email in the Mailchimp Subscriber Created trigger changes, the value for email in the HubSpot Create Contact action will also change.
Please sign in to leave a comment.