Mailchimp Transactional is a tool to send transactional emails (password resets, order placement, welcome messages) triggered by user actions, personalized 1:1 messages, and targeted e-commerce emails. This app, also known as Mandrill, is a platform for email marketing automation and can be used to send event-driven messages to your customers. You can also use it to design one-to-one personalized e-commerce emails. The Mailchimp Transactional App Connector syncs and manages templates and emails with other third-party apps.
Before you connect your Mailchimp Transactional account with Integry, here are a few things you need to learn about the Mailchimp Transactional App Connector.
In order to use Rest APIs, users need to authenticate via API key. Users can generate a new API key from the Mandrill App. The API key is included in the request body. Integry uses the API key to identify users.
Mailchimp Transactional supports Webhook-based triggers for specific topics. Therefore, as soon as an event occurs, Integry will receive the trigger instantly.
Presently, there are the following limitations of the Mailchimp Transactional App Connector:
- Sorting is not supported; thus, poll-based triggers cannot be implemented.
- Pagination is also not supported, so we cannot implement either queries or custom-sort.
- Only the following events are supported by Webhooks:
- Message Is Sent
- Message Is Delivered
- Message Is Delayed
- Message Is Bounced
- Message Is Soft-Bounced
- Message Is Opened
- Message Is Clicked
- Message Is Marked As Spam
- Message Recipient Unsubscribes
- Message Is Rejected
- Rejection Denylist Changes
- Rejection Allowlist Changes